The following audit programmes were approved on 16th February 2017 in the 50th Audit Committee Meeting.
- 1. Follow-up Audit from National Audit Department and Internal Audit
- 2. Financial Management Control (Accountability Index Rating) Audit
- 3. Cash Management Audit
- 4. Performance Audit
- 5. Quality Management (ISO, QAR and 5S)
- 6. Audit Command Language (ACL)
Color Your Life is a half day course that was organized by Counseling and Student Welfare Unit (UniK) UNIMAS. The event took place on 28th February 2017 at The Lounge of UniK
Internal Audit Office UNIMAS together with Internal Audit MOHE conduct an audit towards the preparation of the National Higher Learning Carnival 2017 that were taken place at City One Megamall Kuching from 18-19 March 2017.
Office of Internal Audit UNIMAS has been assessed by the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia (IIAM) on 23nd till 25th May 2017. 2 officers that represent IIAM for the assessment was Puan Nur Hayati Baharudin and En. Muhammad Nazim Ab. Rahim. The objective of this asssessment was to make sure that UNIMAS Internal Audit Office is following the IIA's Standards for The Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
UNIMAS telah dipilih sebagai Tuan Rumah untuk Mesyuarat dan Bengkel JKAD yang berlangsung dari 19 hingga 21 Julai 2017. Majlis Makan Malam Berambeh Raya telah diadakan untuk menyambut kehadiran Ketua-ketua Audit Dalam UA. Selain itu Ahli JKAD juga dibawa meronda sekitar Bandar Raya Kuching.
The Quality Management System (QMS) was officially implemented in the Internal Audit Office starting from April 2012 as an outcome from MS ISO 9001:2008 certification expansion program which was introduced by UNIMAS Strategic and Quality Center. Based on audits performed by SIRIM QAS Auditor in 2013, the Internal Audit Office has been certified with MS 9001:2008 certification for fully implementation of QMS.
The scope of certification has been set as follows;
- i. To ensure at least 90% of the approved audit plan for the current year is achieved.
- ii. To ensure 100% Audit Plan Memorandum prepared based on the audit that will be conducted.
- iii. To ensure that 100% approved Official Audit Report submitted to the auditee based on the audits carried out.
- iv. To ensure the Official Audit Report to be tabled in the Audit Committee Meetings at least four (4) times a year.
The Work Procedures (Process) that have been certified with MS ISO 9001:2008 certification are as follows;
- i. PK (P) -UNIMAS-UAD-01: "Perancangan Audit Tahunan".
- ii. PK (P) -UNIMAS-UAD-02: "Pelaksanaan Pengauditan"
- iii. PK (P) -UNIMAS-UAD-03: "Pelaporan Pengauditan"
To comply with the current standard and as a part of continuous improvement program, the Internal Audit Office has taken the opportunity to adopt and migrate to MS ISO 9001:2015 from version 2008 starting from January 2017. It was to ensure that the customers’ and stakeholders’ satisfaction are consistently addressed and to improve the audit performance.More About ISO
5S is a workplace philosophy that comes to us from Japan. It is a structured and disciplined method of organising and running the workplace, for improved productivity, safety, quality at reduced cost and higher efficiency. The name 5S comes from 5 Japanese words that start with the letter "S": seiri, seiton, seiso, seiketsu, and shitsuke. 5S is one of the first tools that can be applied in a company that is starting to get into the continuous improvement culture. It helps to define the first rules to eliminate waste and maintain a work environment that is efficient, safe and clean.
The tools used in 5s are as below;
- Seiri/Sort: Separate tools required, materials, and instructions from those that are not needed. Remove everything that is not necessary from the work-area.
- Seiton/Store: Sort and organize all tools, equipment, files, data, material, and resources for quick, easy location, and use. Label all storage locations, tools, and equipment.
- Seiso/Shine: Set new standards for cleanliness. Clean and remove all trash, grease, and dirt. Everything must be clean, tidy, and neatly put in its appropriate place. Cleanliness provides a safe work-area and makes potential problems noticeable, e.g. equipment leaks, loose parts, missing guards, loose paperwork, materials.
- Seiketsu/Standardize: Engage the workforce to systematically perform steps 1, 2, & 3 above daily, to maintain the workplace in perfect condition as a standard process. Establish schedules and set expectations for adherence.
- Shitsuke/Sustain: Make 5S part of your culture, and incorporate it into the corporate philosophy. Build organizational commitment so that 5S becomes an organizational “value” or expectation so everyone develops 5S as a habit. Integrate the 5S methodology into the performance management system.
Introduced in 2013, Internal Audit Office has implemented 5S method in our working environment and has been awarded with The Best 5S Zone Category on 11 December 2014. Since then, Internal Audit Office is maintaining 5S method throughout all our working environment to ensure a safe, clean and efficient system. To keep up with current best practice, we are going towards Public Sector Conducive Ecosystem (EKSA) which introduced by MAMPU to improve the 5S Practices. This move is in line with efforts to strengthen the organizational culture of high performance and innovation among public sector agencies by providing a conducive environment, work culture and positive values for public servants.